Practice Areas for Businesses
Our Business: Your Bottom Line
Firmly established or just starting to grow, we help business owners succeed.
The lawyers of Sternberg, Naccari & White are entrepreneurs at heart: We know what it takes to help you get your business off the ground. We’ve been there for businesses across the Gulf Coast from the idea meeting at a kitchen table to the investor pitch at a conference table.
The experienced business lawyers at Sternberg, Naccari & White, LLC can help you with all of your questions for starting up or forming your business. The firm has experience drafting and negotiating:
- Operating Agreements
- Employment Agreements
- Vesting Agreements
- Transactions and buyouts
- Wrote operating agreement on fixed-fee schedule to assist local startup in bringing long-term benefits to the community.
- Assisted local restaurant startup company with strategic decisions on investment vehicles.
- Regularly advise local brewery on growth questions and legal aspects of its business.
- Assisted employee/vested owner of local start-up in removing himself from business.
TAXATION & OTHER TAX MATTERS
Both the IRS and the state government are going to get their share, and the laws change all the time. With a skilled tax attorney, in conjunction with a tax advisor or CPA, the prudent business person can be sure they aren’t paying more than they should. Our attorneys will make sure you take advantage of all the advanced tax strategies available.
Sternberg, Naccari & White, LLC’s tax practice is led by Partner Keith Naccari, an NYU-trained tax lawyer with an LLM degree (an advanced law degree) in tax. Keith and the attorneys at Sternberg, Naccari & White, LLC can help you with:
- Federal and State Income Tax Controversies
- Tax Planning
- State and Local Sales and Use Tax
- Defense of client in IRS audit.
- Negotiated settlement with the State of Louisiana's Department of Revenue on alleged overdue sales taxes from business client.
MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
The purchase or sale of a business is a natural step in the business growth cycle. Whether you are considering acquiring a competitor, considering an offer to purchase your business or expanding your business to grow new markets, experienced Mergers and Acquisitions attorneys are essential.
The M&A team at Sternberg, Naccari & White, LLC knows how to put the deal together, assist with the due diligence, coordinate the professionals involved and close the transaction. We have represented businesses across the Gulf Coast on both the buy and sell side of asset sales, stock purchases, mergers of companies and other related transactions.
- Buyer’s counsel on sale of major media outlet to competitor in the New Orleans area.
- Sellers’ counsel on purchase of local health care company by private equity firm.
- Led seller through a $55 million sale of twenty percent of the company to a strategic partner, ensuring that the owners could set some funds aside to protect themselves in a downturn while positioning the company to continue rapid growth.
BUSINESS LITIGATIONThe lawyers of Sternberg, Naccari & White know business: Our business is your bottom line. Being prepared to both prosecute and defend business claims is an essential part of any successful business. Whether it is collecting an open account, litigating a dispute with another business, or defending your business from claims made against it, having an attorney that understands business is essential. The lawyers at Sternberg, Naccari & White, LLC are not just litigators or transactional lawyers—every one of our attorneys are business lawyers who know how business works. We combine our firm experience with transactions and complex litigation to serve businesses as efficient and effective counsel. We are committed to work with our Clients to determine the most cost-effective plan and fee agreements to ensure our representation brings value to the business. The firm has experience litigating:
- General Litigation
- Breach of Contract
- Construction Disputes
- Partnership Disputes
- Sale and Merger Disputes
- Open Accounts and Collections Actions
- Unfair Trade Practices
- Redhibition Claims
- Fraud Claims
- On appeal, overturned partial verdict against our business client on open account for time charged which could not be accounted for.
- Collected amounts owed, attorney’s fees and costs in open account and unfair trade practices action by business who refused to pay vendor despite repeatedly saying the check was “in the mail.”
- Negotiated settlement for local business for alleged ADA violations.
- Represented a small business facing a personal injury lawsuit alone after their insurance company wrongfully denied coverage for the claim. Filed a lawsuit against the insurance company to have the company assume the representation of the business. Insurance company quickly rescinded its wrongful denial without significant litigation and paid our attorneys’ fees.
- Assisted contractor client with amicable resolution of collections action.
- Successful in redhibition action against manufacturer of product purchased for local tourism business. Brought federal court action for business client which resulted in equal treatment with his competitors in an unfairly regulated marketplace.
BUSINESS COUNSELWhether you are a start-up business or one that has been in existence for years, it’s important for you have your business house in order. The experienced business lawyers at Sternberg, Naccari & White, LLC can help you with all of your questions relating to the proper forms, contracts, and other documents for your business. These general business documents aren’t just “forms” you can pull off the Internet or use from an old business: every company and its structure are different. Call our firm to discuss drafting or updating your:
- Operating Agreement
- Employment Agreement
- Vesting Agreement
- Buy-Sell Agreement
- Transactions, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Compliance, Licensing and Permitting
- Governmental Affairs and Advocacy
- Concierge lawyering involves a relationship between a client and a lawyer in which the client pays a flat annual fee (billed monthly) to have a lawyer advise and consult the client on a variety of both legal and non-legal matters. In exchange for the flat fee, a concierge lawyer provides enhanced representation and counseling to the client and stands “on‑call” for the client to serve the client’s needs.
- Clients are often reluctant to seek advice because they are afraid of incurring a large legal bill. Billing for concierge lawyering provides peace of mind and cash flow stability.
- CALL TODAY to find out if concierge lawyering is right for your and your business.
- Assisted Client taking over bankrupt company with new structure, operating agreements, consulting agreements and tax strategy.
- Assisted Client in negotiation of lease for primary business location with multi-year options to renew and an option to purchase.
- Reviewed and successfully negotiated favorable employment agreement for employee.
- Drafted and negotiated employment agreement and non-competition agreement for employer.
- Successfully settled local business contract disputes arising from vagueness in lease agreement executed by parties prior to representation.
- Resolved dispute amongst partners of major local business without need for litigation.