- Louisiana State University, B.A.M.C: Journalism
- Louisiana State University, J.D./D.C.L., cum laude
- Louisiana Law Review, Member
- Louisiana (All State & Federal Courts)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- 2015 Gambit "40 Under 40"
- 2015 Louisiana State Bar Association Stephen T. Victory Award
- Thomson Reuters SuperLawyers:
- Selected Rising Star (2014-2018)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Rated in Litigation and Constitutional Law
- New Orleans Magazine Top Law Lawyers
- First Amendment Law (2014-2018)
- Communications Law (2013)
- On-Air Media Legal Analyst (2013, 2014)
- Jefferson Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors (2017-present)
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division Council, Chair-Elect (2018)
- Secretary (2017)
- District One Representative (2015-2017)
- Federal Bar Association - New Orleans
- Chair, Young Lawyers Division Board of Directors (2017-2018)
- Treasurer and Board Member, Young Lawyers Division Board of Directors (2010-2017)
- Louisiana Center for Law and Civic Education, Board of Directors (2016-present)
- Young Leadership Council Board of Directors (2014-2016)
- Adjunct Professor and Professional-in-Residence, Loyola University New Orleans School of Mass Communication (2012-2018)
- Association for Corporate Growth, Young ACG Steering Committee (2014-2016)
- Fellow, Loyola University Institute of Politics (2011)
- LSU Law Dean's Young Alumni Leadership Council
- LSU Manship School of Mass Communication Alumni Board (2018-present)
- Business Counsel & Litigation
- Media, First Amendment & Public Affairs
- Business General Counsel
- General Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
Scott Sternberg is a founding Partner of Sternberg, Naccari & White, LLC, where he leads the Firm’s litigation practice as counsel to individuals and businesses throughout the Gulf Coast.
Scott's litigation practice has taken him to courtrooms and conference rooms throughout the South. His work with startup businesses has led him to present at New Orleans Entrepreneur Week on multiple occasions regarding legal issues facing entrepreneurs. Scott's interests include real estate and tax title litigation, representing tax title purchasers and those who have had their property taken by the state for failure to pay property taxes. He also has significant experience both bringing and defending a wide breadth of personal injury and contract cases.
Scott is perhaps best known for his vibrant media and open government practice: representing newspapers, online media entities and citizens in public records, open meetings, libel, privacy and other First Amendment and access-related issues. On those issues and other issues such as governmental ethics and access, Scott has significant experience testifying before the Louisiana Legislature and has taught at Louisiana State University and Loyola University.
Scott also speaks and writes on topics related to public access to government, ethics and First Amendment issues. Scott is former winner of the Louisiana State Bar Association’s Stephen T. Victory Award for his writing. In 2015, Scott was also named one of Gambit’s “40 under 40.”
Scott received his Juris Doctor and Diploma in Civil Law cum laude from Louisiana State University’s Paul M. Hebert Law Center, where he was a member of the Louisiana Law Review, selected for the Moot Court Board and elected president of the Student Bar Association. While earning his bachelor’s degree in Journalism from LSU, he served as Editor-in-Chief of The Daily Reveille.
Scott has political campaign and campaign finance experience, and during law school represented tens of thousands of students as the elected student-member of the LSU System Board of Supervisors.
He currently serves on the LSU Law Dean's Young Alumni Leadership Council and the LSU Manship School of Mass Communication Alumni Board and is an active member of several other community and alumni groups, including the Young Leadership Council of Greater New Orleans, where he served on the Board of Directors until 2016, the Pro Bono Project, and the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
Scott represents the young lawyers of Louisiana as Chair-Elect of the Louisiana State Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division Council and as Immediate Past Chair of the Younger Lawyers Division of the New Orleans Chapter of the Federal Bar Association.