Attorney Profile: Scott Sternberg
935 Gravier Street, Suite 2020
New Orleans, LA 70112
Phone: (504) 324-1887
Fax: (504) 534-8961
– Louisiana State University, B.A.M.C: Journalism
– Louisiana State University, J.D./D.C.L., cum laude
– Louisiana (All State & Federal Courts)
– U.S. Supreme Court
– Southern District of Texas Federal Court
CERTIFICATIONS & AWARDS
– 2020 CityBusiness “Leaders in Law”
– 2015 Gambit “40 Under 40”
– 2015 & 2019 Louisiana State Bar Association Stephen T. Victory Award
– Thomson Reuters SuperLawyers:
– Selected Rising Star (2014-2019)
– Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Rated in Litigation and Constitutional Law
– New Orleans Magazine Top Law Lawyers
– First Amendment Law (2014-2019)
– Communications Law (2013)
– On-Air Media Legal Analyst (2013, 2014)
– Pro Bono Project Board of Directors (2019-present)
– American Red Cross of Southeast Louisiana Board of Directors (2020-present)
– Louisiana State Bar Association
– Young Lawyers Division, Chair (2019-2020)
– Chair-Elect, Secretary and Representative (2015-2019)
– Board of Governors (2019-2020)
– Federal Bar Association – New Orleans
– Board Member, (2019-present)
– Chair, Young Lawyers Division (2017-2018)
– Young Lawyers Division Board of Directors (2010-2017)
– Louisiana Center for Law and Civic Education, Board of Directors (2016-present)
– Jefferson Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors (2017-2020)
– Young Leadership Council Board of Directors (2014-2016)
– Adjunct Professor and Professional-in-Residence, Loyola University New Orleans School of Mass Communication (2012-2018)
– Association for Corporate Growth, Young ACG Steering Committee (2014-2016)
– Fellow, Loyola University Institute of Politics (2011)
– LSU Law Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council
– LSU Manship School of Mass Communication Alumni Board (2018-present)
– Business Counsel & Litigation
– Media, First Amendment & Public Affairs
– Business General Counsel
– General Litigation
– Personal Injury Litigation
Scott Sternberg is a founding Partner of Sternberg, Naccari & White, where he leads the firm and serves as counsel to individuals and businesses.
Scott’s litigation practice has taken him to courtrooms and conference rooms throughout the south. His has worked and presented on startup and growing business issues numerous times. Scott’s interests include real estate and tax title litigation, representing tax title purchasers and those who have had their property taken by the state. He also has significant experience both bringing and defending a wide breadth of personal injury and contract cases.
Scott is perhaps best known for his vibrant media and open government practice: representing newspapers, online media entities and citizens in public records, open meetings, libel, privacy and other First Amendment and access-related issues. To that end, Scott has his dream job: he is general counsel to the Louisiana Press Association and principal newsroom counsel to the state’s largest news organization, The Advocate and The Times-Picayune, among other respected news organizations in Louisiana.
On those issues and other issues such as governmental ethics and access, Scott has significant experience testifying before the Louisiana Legislature and has taught at Louisiana State University and Loyola University.
Scott speaks and writes on topics related to public access to government, ethics and First Amendment issues. Scott has twice won the Louisiana State Bar Association’s Stephen T. Victory Award for his writing. In 2015, Scott was also named one of Gambit’s “40 under 40.”
Scott received his Juris Doctor and Diploma in Civil Law cum laude from Louisiana State University’s Paul M. Hebert Law Center, where he was a member of the Louisiana Law Review, selected for the Moot Court Board and elected president of the Student Bar Association. While earning his bachelor’s degree in Journalism from LSU, he served as Editor-in-Chief of The Daily Reveille.
Scott has political campaign and campaign finance experience, and during law school represented tens of thousands of students as the elected student-member of the LSU System Board of Supervisors.
In 2019-2020, Scott is serving as the Chair of the Louisiana State Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division, representing and advocating for the young lawyers of the state of Louisiana.
He currently serves on the LSU Law Dean’s Young Alumni Leadership Council and the LSU Manship School of Mass Communication Alumni Board and is an active member of several other community and alumni groups, including the Young Leadership Council of Greater New Orleans, where he served on the Board of Directors until 2016, the Pro Bono Project, and the Jefferson Chamber of Commerce, where he served on the Board of Directors until 2020. He is the Immediate Past Chair of the Younger Lawyers Division of the New Orleans Chapter of the Federal Bar Association.