STERNBERG, NACCARI & WHITE LLC, a Louisiana limited liability company, (the “Company”), owns and operates http://snw.law and/or any mobile phone app, social media site, or other online presence that operate under “SNW” or “SNW.LAW” (collectively and interchangeably, the “Website” or the “App”). Any general uses of “we,” “us,” or “our” refers to the Company. Any general uses of “you,” “user,” or “visitor” refers to a user, visitor, or reader of the Website (the “User).”
When you visit this Website some information may be collected from you automatically. In addition, when you actively provide information, what information we collect depends on how you use our services. When you register with the site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, or fill out a form on this Website, the information you provide will be collected from you. When you interact with the Website or the App, as appropriate and necessary, you may be asked to enter:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your mailing address;
- Your phone number;
- personal details (such as date of birth, gender, lifestyle, industry, job function, locations where you use our mobile applications, your photo if you upload it, and other user activity on the mobile application)
- Your credit card information; and/or
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
We respect and have the highest commitment to your privacy. Note, the Website and/or the App may collect some of the above information automatically; for example, the IP address of your computer or device. Whether collected automatically or with your active input, we will never sell or give away any data we collect about you to anyone without your prior consent.
Note that some information may be collected and provided to third parties in order to process orders or complete other activities in which you have actively chosen to participate. Other information may be collected automatically for internal use. We may use your IP address or other automatically recorded information in cooperation with your Internet provider, to identify you if it is necessary. Examples of this could be if we need to contact you or bring legal action against you because you are violating our Terms of Service, or if you have caused harm or injury (whether intentionally or unintentionally) to us or to other users of this Website or have interfered with our rights or property.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to provide you with the best possible user experience and personalized services, as well as for marketing and sales-driven activities. Therefore, we may use the information we collect from you to achieve the following:
- Personalize your experience and Provide Services – Your information helps us cater to your individual needs. This is especially true with respect to individualized fitness programs and other fitness-related services we provide via the Website and/or the App.
- Improve the Website – We hope to continually improve the Website based on feedback we receive from you and your usage habits of this Website.
- Improve customer service – Your information helps us to more effectively respond to customer service requests and support needs.
- Process transactions – Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- Provide contests, promotions, surveys, or other site features.
- Send emails – We may use the email address you provide for order processing to send you information and updates about your order. We may also occasionally send you company news, updates, or related product or service information. If, at any time, you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we provide you easy instructions on how to unsubscribe at the bottom of each email.
- Employ third parties – Occasionally, we may employ other companies to help us fulfill orders or conduct related marketing, sales, or support functions. These companies, in order to do their jobs well, may require your information. In those limited situations, we will only provide the minimum amount of your information that those companies may need to perform their functions. These companies will be required to maintain the full confidentiality of any of your information that they receive from us.
How We Protect Your Information
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We use secure servers; all supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database, only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information will not be kept on file for more than 180 days.
Cookies are small files that a website or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser. If you have allowed your Web browser to accept cookies, doing so enables these websites or service providers to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Disclosure of Information to Other Parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep your information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our rights or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act
This Website may have users in California. Because we value the privacy of our California users, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at any time by logging into their control panel or equivalent and going to the “Edit Profile” page.
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
We are in compliance with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA); we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are compliant with the GDPR requirements. Under the GDPR, every User is entitled to the following:
- You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate.
- You also have the right to request completion of the information you believe is incomplete.
- You have the right to request erasure of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- You have the right to request restrictions on the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- You have the right to request transfer of the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Compliance with Ethical Rules that Govern Attorneys
You hereby accept and understand that this Website is under the jurisdiction and follows the privacy laws of Louisiana, United States. You may live in a jurisdiction that follows other laws regarding privacy, specifically the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); however, you hereby agree that you will be subject to the privacy laws of the Website’s jurisdiction only.